July 8-14, 2018
WEEKLY HOME HAPPENINGS
July 8-14 2018
EVENTS THIS WEEK
Join us Thursday 7/12 at 5pm as we celebrate the 5 year anniversary of Center 615!
It's gonna be a gorgeous day to hang out in the courtyard and enjoy some drinks, food, and live music by EverSōl with a DJ set following by Falcone.
Use this link to RSVP.
- Are you a Musician looking for some new mates - join us in the HOME Space for a jam.
- Got new music you wanna share? We'll "Pass the Aux Chord" and let you showcase your latest masterpiece in the studio for all the Homies to hear.
- Want to test out some new material in front of your peers, we've got an open mic with your name on it. Bonus* our HOME Stage makes for some great pics & video for your social feed.
- Need to expand your writing Rolodex? Drop your name in the co-writing roulette bucket and we'll set you up with another random Homie to collaborate right then and there.
- Just looking to connect with others, join the networking group in the rec hall for some fun games and conversation. Billiards, ping pong, shuffle board, darts, giant Jenga, board games, and more!
All Homies and their guests are welcome. For more information click HERE!
FREE PBR while supplies last or bring the beverage of your choice :D
Friday, July 6th, from 12-1 HOME members have an opportunity to meet with Brian Bauer, President of Bauer Entertainment Marketing.
Use the link http://bit.ly/MktgMentorSession to book a session. You must be a HOME member to schedule. Receive free growth ideas to increase your fans, sales and profit.
NEED NEW PHOTOS?
HOME intern Tommy Gotsch, will be taking complimentary photos for our community and pro members. Through a 30 minute shoot, Pro members will receive 5 final shots, and get to choose 2 different locations from our list of photo spots around HOME and Center 615. Community members will get to choose one location and receive 2 final images. Spots are limited so Sign up today.
Past Homie Spotlights
Missed the last few spotlight? No worries, click below to read about your fellow Homies. We'll feature one new Homie each week, and you can catch up on past spotlights through the link below.
We want to know more about all of you, your music, your work, your company, current projects etc. If you'd like to be a featured HOMIE, please click HERE to let us know and we'll contact you soon for an interview.
UPCOMING INDUSTRY EVENTS
"(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay" Turns 50
And WHO KNEW on July 19 at City Winery is celebrating it along with several other major milestones from Steve Cropper's legendary songwriting and producing career.
WHO KNEW Celebrates Steve Cropper
A Career-Spanning, Multi-media Interview with Craig Havighurst
LIVE - July 19 - City Winery Nashville
Steve Cropper is one of the most influential guitarists and composers in the history of popular music. On July 19, we are celebrating his life, career and lasting contributions to music with a live, career-spanning interview.
By crafting the signature sound of Stax Records and modern soul music, Cropper became one of a very select few people to have been enshrined in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Songwriters Hall of Fame and the Musicians Hall of Fame. He co-wrote some of the most iconic songs of the 20th Century, including “(Sittin’ On) The Dock of Bay,” “In the Midnight Hour,” “Knock on Wood” and “Green Onions.”
As a young artist in Memphis, TN, Cropper became the guitarist of the legendary Stax Records house band, called Booker T and the MG’s. Later on, he was a member of the Blues Brothers band, appearing in the movie alongside John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd.
The special, one time only event will feature Cropper in conversation with public radio journalist and author Craig Havighurst. They will discuss many facets of Cropper’s creativity, his influences and his legacy.
Tickets are available now- $20 GA; $50 VIP (includes a signed copy of “The Blues Brothers” DVD) and $100 Meet & Greet with Steve himself.
CD Baby's DIY Musician Conference is headed to Nashville August 24-26 and they are working super hard to offer up some amazing opportunities to the attendees. They recently they announced that Spotify donated time at the Secret Genius Studio in Nashville for a select handful of artists to record a song after the conference. Even if you missed that opportunity there's so much more to look forward to:
- Tom Jackson's Live-Band Makeover
- Keynote speeches from industry leaders
- Spontaneous jam sessions with fellow attendees in our dedicated jam room
- Nighttime festivities, including open mics, parties, and other performance opportunities
- Making new friends - we've had bands meet and get their start at the Con!
- A positive atmosphere - we're here to learn, grow, and support each other
- Heading home invigorated, ready to put your new plans into action
No matter who you are or where you're at in your career, you'll fit right in.
Hope to see you in Nashville!