June 24-30, 2018
WEEKLY HOME HAPPENINGS
June 24-30 2018
EVENTS THIS WEEK
This is a FREE Vocal & Artistic seminar for songwriters and artists - discover the foundational tools for world-class artistic style and vocals. Participants will learn tools that Wendy uses with her top award-winning clients to connect, develop and express authenticity, while expanding vocal skills for a peak performance. There will be opportunity to perform a song and receive one on one feedback and guidance from Wendy to connect authentically to your material and hone your unique style.
Wendy is one of the country's top vocal coaches sought out by artists, managers, labels & producers world-wide. With her holistic approach and over 27 years of experience Wendy has coached Regina Spektor, Sara Bareilles, Ana Torroja, Mandy Gonzalez, A Great Big World - from the 1st voice lesson to a GRAMMY Award, addressing not only the voice, but also the mental, emotional & physical game supporting artists in every aspect of their creative life.
Click here for more information or email email@example.com
The Artist’s Circle is everything for the creative spirit – mind, body & soul. At these events, musicians, vocalists, songwriters, and producers at all stages of their careers come together to grow, get community support, and transform their careers. All creatives are welcome.
What happens at The Artist's Circle?
- Guided discussions - A new topic every month - ideas & tools to expand your mental game, strengthen your emotional core, and career-building topics with individualized feedback & group discussions.
- Take Home Tools to bring your experience to life & keep you motivated, inspired and on track.
- Real world accountability - weekly calls with 2 chosen members of the group to connect and stay on track!
There is NO PERFORMING at this event. This is not a typical networking event, you can actually expect to make real connections and build true relationships in your Circle!
Check out the HOMIE Discount on the H.O.M.E. Member Portal Apply now to join The Artist's Circle
HOME EVENTS & MENTORING
- Are you a Musician looking for some new mates - join us in the HOME Space for a jam.
- Got new music you wanna share? We'll "Pass the Aux Chord" and let you showcase your latest masterpiece in the studio for all the Homies to hear.
- Want to test out some new material in front of your peers, we've got an open mic with your name on it. Bonus* our HOME Stage makes for some great pics & video for your social feed.
- Need to expand your writing Rolodex. Drop your name in the co-writing roulette bucket and we'll set you up with another random Homie to collaborate right then and there.
- Just looking to connect with others, join the networking group in the rec hall for some fun games and conversation. Billiards, ping pong, shuffle board, darts, giant Jenga, board games, and more!
All Homies and their guests are welcome. For more information click HERE!
NEED NEW PHOTOS?
HOME intern Tommy Gotsch, will be taking complimentary photos for our community and pro members. Through a 30 minute shoot, Pro members will receive 5 final shots, and get to choose 2 different locations from our list of photo spots around HOME and Center 615. Community members will get to choose one location and receive 2 final images. Spots are limited so Sign up today.
HOMIE SPOTLIGHT: Brad Dollar
Past Homie Spotlights
Missed last week's spotlight? No worries, click below to read about Homie, Wendy Child. We'll feature one new Homie each week, and you can catch up on past spotlights through the link below.
UPCOMING INDUSTRY EVENTS
SUMMER NAMM- MAKE MUSIC EXPERIENCE
Check out the Summer NAMM Make Music Experience on Saturday, June 30th in Nashville. NAMM is welcoming all HOME members, as well as everyone in the Nashville musical community, and beyond to join in on this event. (Passes are $10 in advance, $20 at the door.)
"(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay" Turns 50
And WHO KNEW on July 19 at City Winery is celebrating it along with several other major milestones from Steve Cropper's legendary songwriting and producing career.
WHO KNEW Celebrates Steve Cropper
A Career-Spanning, Multi-media Interview with Craig Havighurst
LIVE - July 19 - City Winery Nashville
Steve Cropper is one of the most influential guitarists and composers in the history of popular music. On July 19, we are celebrating his life, career and lasting contributions to music with a live, career-spanning interview.
By crafting the signature sound of Stax Records and modern soul music, Cropper became one of a very select few people to have been enshrined in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Songwriters Hall of Fame and the Musicians Hall of Fame. He co-wrote some of the most iconic songs of the 20th Century, including “(Sittin’ On) The Dock of Bay,” “In the Midnight Hour,” “Knock on Wood” and “Green Onions.”
As a young artist in Memphis, TN, Cropper became the guitarist of the legendary Stax Records house band, called Booker T and the MG’s. Later on, he was a member of the Blues Brothers band, appearing in the movie alongside John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd.
The special, one time only event will feature Cropper in conversation with public radio journalist and author Craig Havighurst. They will discuss many facets of Cropper’s creativity, his influences and his legacy.
Tickets are available now- $20 GA; $50 VIP (includes a signed copy of “The Blues Brothers” DVD) and $100 Meet & Greet with Steve himself.
CD Baby's DIY Musician Conference is headed to Nashville August 24-26 and they are working super hard to offer up some amazing opportunities to the attendees. They recently they announced that Spotify donated time at the Secret Genius Studio in Nashville for a select handful of artists to record a song after the conference. Even if you missed that opportunity there's so much more to look forward to:
- Tom Jackson's Live-Band Makeover
- Keynote speeches from industry leaders
- Spontaneous jam sessions with fellow attendees in our dedicated jam room
- Nighttime festivities, including open mics, parties, and other performance opportunities
- Making new friends - we've had bands meet and get their start at the Con!
- A positive atmosphere - we're here to learn, grow, and support each other
- Heading home invigorated, ready to put your new plans into action
No matter who you are or where you're at in your career, you'll fit right in.
Hope to see you in Nashville!